Monday, December 7, 2015
All UC's have extended their application deadline to January 4th!
We have just received news that UC has extended their application deadline to January 4th!
Contact the Transfer Center in A-221 or (619) 660-4439 if you have any questions and also refer to the information below.
Many of you have likely seen today this media release from Chancellor Harris. Also, please see the UC media release at http://universityofcalifornia.edu/press-room/university-california-pushes-back-deadline-transfer-applications. You can write to AskUC@ucop.eduusing the Subject Line: Transfer Application Extension if you have specific questions about the application extension.
1. Why is UC extending the deadline?
The University plans to expand enrollment next fall by 5,000 students to help address the
rising demand for admission from California students. As we grow, we want to do all we can
to reach the goal outlined in the California Master Plan to enroll one new transfer student
for every two new freshmen.
Expanding the application window for transfer students through Jan. 4 will give UC‐ready
students – including those who might not have initially seen themselves as competitive –
more time to consider and apply for UC.
2. If I’ve already submitted my application, can I go back in and add campuses?
Yes, you can log in to your UC application account and apply to additional campuses
(additional fees may apply). You can’t exchange one campus for another campus (e.g.,
withdraw your submitted application to UC San Diego and exchange it for UCLA).
Students who qualify for a fee waiver are still eligible to use that fee waiver for up to four
3. Can I make other changes to my application if I’ve already submitted?
You can update your contact information, but no other changes can be made.
4. What if I have changes to make to my planned winter/spring courses?
All transfer applicants will need to log in after Jan. 7 to complete the Transfer Academic
Update (TAU) and report fall 2015 courses and grades as well as any changes to
winter/spring 2016 courses. The priority deadline for the TAU submission is Jan. 31.
5. If I’ve already started an application, but didn’t submit it in November, can I just complete that application or do I need to start a new one?
It’s fine to complete the one you’ve already begun.
6. Can freshman applicants submit an application during the extended period?
No, the new Jan. 4 deadline extension only applies to transfer applicants.
7. Will enrolling more transfers take seats from freshman applicants?
By enrolling 5,000 more freshmen and transfer students next year, UC is expanding enrollment for California resident freshmen and transfer students.